Environmental concern has become a key issue of our time. Mott is committed to help
make a positive difference. Our approach is built upon a foundation of Practices,
Production and Products that focus on corporate and environmental responsibility
while enhancing product quality and managing costs.
Long term sustainable efforts cannot be achieved without the commitment of our people.
The Mott team aims to manufacture products that are durable, contain a high recycled
steel content, and use sustainable materials that will generate no VOC’s and minimal
waste. We protect the health of our employees and consumers by making low-emitting
products and by using production processes that generate few pollutants.
- Establish goals, track performance, and share results for continuous improvement.
- Maximize steel and wood utilization and recycling to reduce excess waste sent to landfills.
- ISO 9001:2008 registration assures a process that works for our customers.
- Member of U.S. Green Building Council.
- LEED AP (Accredited Professional) on staff ready to assist with LEED registered projects.
- Certified by Rainforest Alliance to FSC® Chain-of-Custody standards.
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant.
- Supporter of Laboratories for the 21st Century.
We are always in pursuit of excellence. We strive to produce high quality products
and put in practice sustainable processes that improve the means of production.
Today’s consumers demand products manufactured using socially responsible processes;
this means reducing emissions and waste, measuring and reporting results, and minimizing
raw material use.
- Invested in modern manufacturing facilities with an extended life cycle.
- Incorporates lean manufacturing processes to maximize value and minimize waste.
- Implemented advanced integrated flexible manufacturing equipment to minimize scrap.
- Powder coat reclamation booth that minimizes waste and provides a clean working environment.
- In-house water treatment facilities that meet stringent government requirements to protect local water ways.
- UV flat line finishing system meets SEFA 8 standards, emits zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs) using solvent free UV coatings.
Our vision is to create sustainable products that will continuously adapt to changing
needs. Our objective is to develop new products and systems designed to be reconfigured
and relocated, offering flexibility to laboratories. Our products are durable and
easy to maintain and we supply products compatible with those purchased years ago
so furniture can maintain full functionality for an extended life cycle.
We place our focus on developing safe and energy saving fume hoods for the laboratory
industry. For LEED projects Mott will offer materials which will help you in attaining
Steel Casework and Flexible Furniture Systems
- Powder coated steel consists of 32.7% recycled content: 25.5% post consumer and 6.8% pre-consumer which contributes to LEED credit MR4.
- Stainless steel consists of 60% recycled content: 25% post consumer and 35% pre-consumer which contributes to LEED credit MR4.
- Durable, high-quality surface protection with minimal waste and zero VOCs.
- Offer various systems solutions that maximize mobility and adaptability creating a user friendly, long life cycle laboratory.
- Durability that meets and exceeds SEFA 8 performance standards, to provide an even longer product life cycle.
- Provide FSC certified wood that is supplied by sustainable foresters, harvesters and manufactures which contributes to LEED credit MR7.
- Choice of several rapidly renewable materials including bamboo and agriboard which contributes to LEED credit MR6.
- Offer no added urea formaldehyde (NAUF) panel products which contributes towards EQ4.4 and are California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant.
- Offer powder coated steel and stainless steel drawer bodies and shelves which contributes to LEED credit MR4.
- Our UV flat line finishing system meets SEFA 8 standards, emits zero (VOCs) using solvent-free UV coatings.
- Design and engineer energy efficient, low volume fume hoods that result in considerable energy cost reduction and ensure operator safety.
- Using steel with a minimum of 32.7% recycled content with a VOC free powder coated finish.
- Automatic Sash Operating System that lowers and/or rises automatically which can enhance safety and dramatically increase the efficiency of Variable Air Volume systems.
- We ensure the safety of our hoods by designing them to meet UL 1805 standards.